Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices (“Practices”), regarding your information and how we treat it. If you do not agree with our Practices, your choice is to not use our Website. However, by accessing or using the Website, you agree to the terms of this Policy. This Policy may change from time-to-time. For that reason, you should periodically check this location for any updates. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be your acceptance of those changes.
This Policy applies to the information that we collect:
- On the Website,
- In email, text, and through other electronic portals connecting you to the Website,
- When you interact in any way with the Website e.g., making a booking inquiry, accessing a resource, and/or joining our mailing list.
This Policy does not apply to information we collect through:
- Face-to-face contact, or
- Through other websites operated by Company (e.g., Ebenezer AME) or any third party. These websites have or should have their own privacy policies.
Children Under the Age of 13.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, DO NOT provide any information on this Website, make any purchases or inquiries through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
We collect different types of information from, and about our Website users, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, home and/or business address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, employer, your position, credit card information, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Identifiable Information” or “PII”);
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, or
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us.
Additionally, the information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide when you fill out a form or request information from us, e.g., requesting that Rev. JoAnn come speak to your group;
- Records and copies of any correspondence you submit, when contacting us;
- Your response to surveys and/or online event evaluations that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, and
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and/or interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities, such as your usage and hits. This is called behavioral tracking. If you want to opt-out of behavioral tracking, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Identifiable Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with the Personal Identifiable Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized customer experience, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns,
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests,
- Speed up your searches, and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Technology We Use for This Automatic Data Collection May Include.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies for videos) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies on this Website, see (https://vimeo.com/cookie_policy)
- Web Beacons. On some of our Website pages and e-mails, there may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). These web beacons permit Company to count users who have visited certain of our Website pages or opened an email.
We do not control third-party tracking technology or how third parties use your information. Any questions you have about how our sponsors or other third parties use your information, you should contact them directly or carefully review the terms of service and privacy statements on their web pages.
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Identifiable Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or event participation, including Rev. JoAnn’s itinerary, church events.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Company, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through the Website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
We often display logos and hyperlinks enabling access to social media venues where we have a presence, as well as a select number of other third-party sites, such as Ebenezer AME Church. We also may permit our booking partners who hire Rev. JoAnn to link to the Website. Additionally, some third-party vendors e.g., Amazon, Survey Monkey, PayPal, Mailchimp, may be permitted to link to the Website. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Identifiable Information to these third parties, if you click on or otherwise interact with them through our Website, the third party may assume you meet its target criteria. Once you click onto the webpage of a third party, it is your responsibility to carefully review the terms of service and privacy statements on their web page.
Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose PII that we collect, or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to confirm a sign-up for an event or our mailing list, we will transmit to you the contents of that email and to any additional email you request.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Identifiable Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your PII with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use PII that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options).
Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
If at any time you want to review, access, edit, change, correct, or delete your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will do so immediately.
If you have an account through the Website, please know that by deleting certain of your PII, we may also have to delete your account. Also note that we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be inaccurate.
Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=1798.83.&lawCode=CIV) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org g or write us at:
Journey of Faith, LLC
137 National Plaza, Ste. 300
Oxon Hill, MD 20745
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We do not store your PII. All of your PII, including payment transactions, go directly to a third-party site, such as Stripe, and PayPal.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. For example, PayPal and Stripe may require that you have a password to access their sites. You are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential. We ask you not to share them with anyone. We also strongly urge you to be careful about giving out information while in public areas of earshot of others, on public devices, or while using public WiFi. Public WiFi is never safe, it’s public. The information you share in public areas may be viewed or overheard by others. Public means public.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Please direct all questions and comments about this Policy and our privacy practices, to email@example.com.